Can't change the description for a plugin in the portal

I pulled a lot of boilerplate from another plugin and forgot to change the plugin description. I’m talking about the main description right underneath the plugin title and right above the VCS URL.

I’ve even completely deleted the plugin (by deleting all versions) and re-publishing with the correct description, and it still reverts to the old one. I assume the plugin doesn’t get deleted completely.

Is there something in the plugin bundle closure that allows me to override what’s currently there?

Is this the correct place to get support for my plugin? No one has responded to this in 7 days.

Hi @stewartbryson, I apologize for the delay. It seems there is no way to change the topmost description using the publish plugin. The per-release description should be modifiable using the publish plugin. Could you share with us the plugin id you are trying to update? We can modify the top-most description is required.

Thanks Daniel. The plugin is com.redpillanalytics.plugin-template. I would like the description to read:

“A plugin that does a lot of boilerplate for other Red Pill Analytics plugins.”

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. Your plugin description should now be changed.

This description must help me to change my plugin description.

How do you do it? Also, help me, please. Have you any solution please share with me.

The link takes me to the description. When I search with the link com.redpillanalytics.plugin-template It doesn’t give me a perfect response. Have some error.
Thanks

We changed it on the back end of the plugin portal. Unfortunately, it’s not a feature that is exposed to users at the moment. We will see if we can prioritize such feature but can’t guarantee an ETA.

Thanks for your great response.

Bump… I have the same issue. I want to change the top description for my plugin (Gradle - Plugin: dev.buijs.klutter.gradle). How can I do this?

Bump again…

I would like the tags and description of my plugin to be same as the latest release of my plugin:
https://plugins.gradle.org/plugin/se.bjurr.gitchangelog.git-changelog-gradle-plugin

Tags here:

Description here:

You should open a plugin portal request issue at GitHub - gradle/plugin-portal-requests: Gradle Plugin Portal issues and requests. which says:

Changing links, tags or description

To change the links, tags or description of your plugin, open an issue with a link to the plugin and what changes you would like to see.