Stuck on gradle 1.6 because of GRADLE-2909

GRADLE-2909 was reported this in Gradle 1.8 release and since it was not fixed in 1.9, we are still unable to move forward on gradle releases until this is corrected. This is a regression issue and breaks builds after 1.6 that use project dependencies.

Please correct it. Please.

Can you provide a self-contained reproducible example?

here is what you originally sent me regarding this issue - I believe this is your code

Bret

Peter Niederwieser, an employee of Gradle, replied to Project dependencies have changed since 1.4 for providedCompile project(‘path’ : ‘:project’, ‘configuration’ : ‘tomcatOnly’), a question about Gradle.

Here is a complete example. Running ‘gradle build’ succeeds with 1.5 and 1.6, but fails with 1.7, 1.8, or master. Raised GRADLE-2909. Thanks for reporting.

‘settings.gradle’:

include “foo”, “bar”

‘foo/build.gradle’:

apply plugin: ‘java’

dependencies {

compile project(path:’:bar’, configuration: ‘other’)

}

‘bar/build.gradle’:

apply plugin: “java”

configurations {

other

}

task otherJar(type: Jar) {

archiveName = “sams-global-${version}.jar” // build succeeds if this line is commented out

from sourceSets.main.output

include(‘bar/**’)

}

jar {

include(“baz/**”) // build succeeds if this line is commented out

}

artifacts {

other otherJar

}

‘foo/src/main/java/Main.java’:

public class Main {

bar.Bar bbb;

}

‘bar/src/main/java/bar/Bar.java’:

package bar;

public class Bar {}

Thanks. For some reason my comments weren’t synced correctly to JIRA and don’t show up there.

No problem. Any idea if this will be included in 1.9 or will it be later?

At this point it’s unlikely that it will make 1.9.

I understand about 1.9. I figured it might be too late at this point. So how do I get this on the dev radar screen to be fixed in the next release? Is there another way to do this in gradle in the event you don’t plan to fix it any time soon?

I’ve already promoted the issue to JIRA, and it’s now up to Adam to prioritize it. If you absolutely need an issue to get fixed soon, consider contributing a fix or getting professional support from Gradleware.

I’ll take a look at the code and see if I can figure out how to fix it. - thanks