Unable to start the daemon process

Windows XP—Gradle 2.0—NetBeans 8-- JDK 1.7

I´m having problems with gradle in NetBeans, every time I restart my pc and I want to load some project I get the following error message:

Unable to start the daemon process. This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap

I run gradle tasks from console and does everything well, the only problem is with NetBeans

****I’m not working projects Android only projects Java **** Someone happened or know how to fix it? Thank you very much for your help.

‘Could not reserve enough space for object heap’ seems key to me. Either your machine has not enough resources to run NetBeans + Gradle daemon + whatever else runs there or your daemon configuration tells it to use too much memory (or mix). How much RAM do you have?

has 2GB RAM but I’ve also noticed that when I run it from console sometimes the demon is up and it works in NetBeans

http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/userguide_single.html#sec:daemon_properties describes what properties to set. I think that the default is 1GB heap size for the daemon so you definitely want to reduce that.