Hello all. I’m using a Lubuntu machine and we are developing a Spring Boot 2.1.4 application with Gradle and
- Java 8
- Mustache (I didn’t choosed it…)
- Oracle with sql2o
- Bootstrap, jQuery and many jQuery plugins
I’m also planning to adopt OpenJDK 11 and Kotlin.
This is our build.gradle:
Do you have any suggestion about the build, or some additional plugin?
PS: the tools I currently use are:
- Firefox with extensions:
- Empty Cache Button
- Fake Data
- Others not related
- Eclipse with Jrebel and PMD
- Atom with atom-beautify (and all the required external programs…)
- Command line svn
The problems I currently have are:
- Sometimes Firefox doesn’t show me in Debugger the whole source code. If I do CNTRL+U the entire code shows up, but I can’t use breakpoints. The same with Chrome
- Meld is a good comparison program, but I really miss WinMerge. But I don’t want to install Wine.
- Gitlab labels are a mess. They can’t be grouped, sorted, categorized. It’s hard to set the correct label every time.
- svn via command line works great until I have a conflict. It’s really hard to see the differences between the various releases inside the source code. But I don’t want to use Subclipse (even if I installed it), because I don’t want to forget how to use svn via command line
- Eclipse has multiple issues:
- it’s slow
- it does not format/tidy HTML document
- it does not validate JS inside HTML
- doesn’t support mustache syntax
- PMD it’s really slow. Currently I’m the only one that uses it, I can’t suggest it to my colleagues.
Can’t you suggest me some external program, or some plugin/extension for Firefox, Eclipse or Atom that can help me with these problems and with the development of this application in general?