Plugin [id: 'org.sonarqube', version: '3.0', apply: false] was not found in any of the following sources


I’m working on a project and after 6 weeks I get suddenly the next error:

> Build file 'C:\Users\...\...\projecten\...\dev\...\code\build.gradle.kts' line: 6
> FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

> * Where:
> Build file 'C:\Users\nkamp\working_dir\projecten\rws\dev\gir-2.0_1386\code\build.gradle.kts' line: 6
> * What went wrong:
> Plugin [id: 'org.sonarqube', version: '3.0', apply: false] was not found in any of the following sources:
> - Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)
> - Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact 'org.sonarqube:org.sonarqube.gradle.plugin:3.0')
>   Searched in the following repositories:
>     MavenRepo
>     Gradle Central Plugin Repository
> * Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at


And this is the code build.gradle.kts:

import dev.jacomet.gradle.plugins.logging.extension.LoggingCapabilitiesExtension
import org.jetbrains.kotlin.gradle.tasks.KotlinCompile
import org.sonarqube.gradle.SonarQubeExtension

plugins {                                                                // this is line 6
    kotlin("jvm") version libs.versions.kotlin
    kotlin("kapt") version libs.versions.kotlin
    alias(libs.plugins.sonarqube) apply false
    alias(libs.plugins.logging.capabilities) apply false
    alias(libs.plugins.shadow) apply false

In the gradle tab on the right side bar is the message “Nothing to show”
I have:

  • deleted .m2 directory
  • deleted .gradle directory in my users directory, roaming and local directories
  • Installed IntelliJ again.

What can be the reason? How can I find out why is this suddenly hapening?

It’s working fine here.
So try running with --refresh-dependencies to make sure it was not a temporary problem that is resolved now and just remembered by Gradle.
If it still does not work, I’d tend to blame something on your computer or network.
Some Firewall, or Antivirus, or Proxy, or similar intervening.
Maybe if you additionally run with --debug you could get more information about what is actually going wrong with the request.

I tried already gradle --refresh-dependencies and with tracing etc. But I’m further with my investigation and my company has installed ‘Zscaler’ which I didn’t know and now there are all kind of issue’s.

As this is some “internet security” tool, I would indeed tend to blame that, yes. :slight_smile: