Is there a way to default command-line parameters?

(Eric Y. Theriault) #1

Hi–

Feels like this should be a FAQ, but I’ve not yet found the answer so I’m guessing I’m using the wrong words to answer it. My question is whether there is a way to force particular command-line options to gradle? For example, I’d prefer to always have the --no-color option; is there a way to do that without an alias/script?

Related but not really, it appears that gradle likes to slurp everything off the input stream, such that if I type in my next command, it is swallowed. Is it possible to stop that behaviour?

Thanks!

eyt*

(Eric Y. Theriault) #2

Ah, so for number one I now see it is the GRADLE_OPT environment label. Still not clear on the latter one though.

(Peter Niederwieser) #3

What do you mean by “next command”?

(Eric Y. Theriault) #4

For most applications which do not consume the input stream, you can execute them and while they are running, type in your next command; logically this becomes a “command1 ; command2” (on UNIX-based systems). Ant actually does this nicely, but gradle appears to consume the input stream for some reason, so if I do type in “command2”, my shell never sees it. Does that make sense?

(Peter Niederwieser) #5

Works fine on my Mac. I don’t see any difference between Gradle’s and Ant’s behavior. Which OS are you on?

(Eric Y. Theriault) #6

I’m on Ubuntu 12.10; I just retried it with “./gradlew clean” and while that was working, I pecked in “./gradlew build” and when the clean finished, it did nothing. Could it be one of our tasks that causes that? Seems weird.

(Peter Niederwieser) #7

You could try with a different Gradle build, say one that just has a “sleep” task?