Is it possible to configure a P2 repository?

As some of you may know Eclipse artifacts are normally published to P2 repositories which sadly do not conform to maven’s conventions. Maven has a plugin called Tycho which lets it consume and publish artifacts form/to P2 repositories. I wonder if Gradle has a similar feature as I’d like to build a my next project with Gradle and it requires dependencies from a P2 repository.

Worth noting that P2 artifacts may be packaged in other ways than just ‘jar’ and ‘zip’, for example ‘eclipse-plugin’.

Gradle doesn’t currently support P2 repositories. More generally, supporting Eclipse RCP development isn’t something that we are currently investing in, However, we’d very much welcome (and support) a third-party initiative to make it happen.

There is support for eclipse update sites and P2 repositories in the new 2.3 ivy version ( http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/updatesite.html ). So, what is necessary to make it work in gradle ( after the integration of this version into gradle )?

Gradle doesn’t use Ivy anymore.

Sorry, I did not notice. But I found the note in the documentation (44.2.5. Dependency management and Java ).

This means that it must now be implemented from scratch?

Gradle still supports Ivy repositories, but it doesn’t use the Ivy codebase anymore.

This means that it must now be implemented from scratch?

Yes.

That’s still a showstopper for the usage of gradle - so we need to stay at maven/tycho in our bank :frowning: