The “latest” javadoc is busted on main web site: http://www.gradle.org/latest/docs/javadoc/org/gradle/api/Project.html
It appears that there was a shift from “latest” to “current” maybe? The problem is that Google returns the first one.
The URLs changed a while back. See the documentation page for the correct URLs. When I search for ‘gradle javadoc’, I get only valid results.
Well, I didn’t make it up.
I didn’t say you made it up. I said I can’t reproduce.
I’m not sure what’s going on here. If I follow that Google link you posted all the URLs are correct. What’s more, we are explicitly telling Google to not index anything under /latest.
The only thing I can assume is that you got old/cached results for some reason. Given that the links on the site are good, and that we are correctly telling Google to not index anything but the current docs I’m going to close this off.
Thanks for reporting though, it’s appreciated. Having bad links out there is obviously not what we want
For another data point on this weirdness, I also get http://www.gradle.org/latest/docs/javadoc/org/gradle/api/Project.html as the first link in that Google search, and I also get a 404 when I follow the link. Maybe it’s just Americans.
I would really like to understand what is going on here.
If I use Brian’s query via my U.S. proxy I get the correct result (current). I’m not American though, that might explain it
I would like to see other people trying this out.
Luke, that’s what I get when I follow the link Brian provided.
I’m in the US too, btw.
I just read that Google applied significant changes to there search algorithm to provide more up to date news. Which is kind of funny in our context here. Often such new improvements are first applied to the U.S. before they are applied to the rest of the world. Not sure if that is the explanation.
Obviously our robots file should be considered though.