Gradle build cache node security

Trying to create a k8s build cache node. Loading with a config where the security is “generated” or “secure” with provided credentials results in a service that never comes alive. Following instructions at Build Cache Node User Manual | Gradle Enterprise Docs for version 10.0 with schema v3.
Loading everything with the default settings and an “open” ui access results with console output like:

│ WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations                                                                                                  
│ WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Clearly we are supposed to start supplying credentials. Setting up through the UI will update the local config file in use but then the service requires a restart to take effect. Upon doing so nothing will work with the new configs but this seems to be related entirely to the security of the UI access. Not sure if there is a new url where i need to supply credentials but since I am hosting in kubernetes it seems to think the service is down and keeps restarting. Never see a page with a form where I input those credentials to access the UI. Anyone else getting a different experience or know how to fix this?

This required different liveness checks due to a curl to service after security changes results in 401 or 404 responses. can confirm everything is working as expected with this change