Error (sometimes) running custom tasks in gradle 1.9 when not cleaning before build

(Jeff Storey) #1

I have a project that has some custom task types in my buildSrc folder. In my build.gradle, I configure the task:

task myTask(type: com.something.MyTask) {
// my config here
}

I’m finding that I frequently get the error:

Could not find property ‘com’ on root proect ‘myproject’

It seems to happen often when I make a change the build file and then do a gradle build without doing a clean first.

I’ve only been noticing this in gradle 1.9, and I can’t figure out exactly how to reproduce it reliably, but hopefully these symptoms will be enough to help figure out what is going on.

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

Thanks for the report. We’d need more information to track this down, such as the output of ‘gradle -v’ and (ideally) instructions to reproduce.

(Jeff Storey) #3

I’m still trying to recreate it in an isolated environment, but I can reliably create this issue within my full project. Within my project, if I run ‘gradle build’, then modify the build file and run ‘gradle build’ again (without a ‘clean’), then I frequently see this error. But here’s what I have so far…

The output of ‘gradle -i --stacktrace’ is posted to https://gist.github.com/jeffastorey/8022521

The build.gradle line 168 where the error shows up is

task myCustomTask(type: com.myproject.MyTask) {

‘gradle -v’ outputs

------------------------------------------------------------ Gradle 1.9 ------------------------------------------------------------

Build time:

2013-11-19 08:20:02 UTC Build number: none Revision:

7970ec3503b4f5767ee1c1c69f8b4186c4763e3d

Groovy:

1.8.6 Ant:

Apache Ant™ version 1.9.2 compiled on July 8 2013 Ivy:

2.2.0 JVM:

1.7.0_21 (Oracle Corporation 23.21-b01) OS:

Linux 3.5.0-44-generic amd64