Does buildship import war projects as dynamic web projects in eclipse?

I tried importing a war project using buildship, and while the import works, the resulting project in eclipse is just a plain Java project, not a dynamic web project.

If I setup a server (tomcat) in eclipse I don’t get the option to deploy the web application to the server.

Is this supposed to work in buildship? What is the recommended approach to working with web applications in buildship?

Hi Yair

Thanks for your feedback. Buildship currently only supports plain Java projects. Support for web projects is planned for a future release of Buildship.

Etienne

Hi,
Any timeline when it would be available… As I am writing a book, thought of listing buidship setup in one of my initial chapter…

Thanks
Amuthan.

As we are at the initial planning stage on what and how we want to add to Buildship in terms of web tools support, we have no timeline set.

HI…
Is there any other workaround for this issue,i am facing the same problem with Buildship_1.0.10.Is it supposed to work in 1.0.10?

No, there is no workaround. We plan to start working on initial WTP support in Buildship in the near future.

1 Like

WTP support is coming, read more here: [Request for feedback] WTP support coming to Buildship