Can a custom task load resources from it's jar

(James Wilson) #1

I’ve packaged a custom task into a jar with some custom resource files.When I use the task by either adding it to the classpath via a buildscript {…} closure or by adding it to /lib, the task fails to load the resource file. You can see from the method below that I’ve tried nearly all the ways java provides for loading a resource. The ‘url’ variable is always null.

def buildFile(path) {

//def url = RefreshSchema.class.getResource(path)

//def url = getClass().getResource(path)

def url = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource(path)

//def url = ClassLoader.getSystemResource(path)

//def url = ClassLoader.getResource(path)

println(‘url is:’ + url.toString() + ’ for path:’ + path)

return new File(new URI(url.toString()))

}

I confirmed the resource file is in the jar. I printed the contents of the ClassLoader.getURLs() to make sure my task’s jar is on teh classpath. Not sure where else this could have gone wrong

(Luke Daley) #2

Hi,

I would assume this would work as well. Is there anyway you could put a little sample project together that shows this bug that I could use to diagnose the issue?

(James Wilson) #3

thank you much for the interest. As is often the case while creating the sample project, I can no longer reproduce the problem. We can safely assume I had a user error typo in the original code somewhere. Most likely in the name of my resources.

(Luke Daley) #4

No problems. If you do hit it again, just post back here and I’ll open it back up.