Why isn't Gradle running my Groovy integration tests?

(jbisotti) #1

Is anyone using Spock for their integration tests? I’ve had the integTest task working for quite some time with standard JUnit-based integration tests. Today, I tried to add my first Spock-based integration test (already been using it for unit tests for a while).

In my build script, I changed this:

sourceSets {
        integTest {
            java {
                srcDir 'src/testIntegration/java'
            }
        }
    }

to this:

sourceSets {
        integTest {
            java {
                srcDir 'src/testIntegration/java'
                srcDir 'src/testIntegration/groovy'
            }
        }
    }

My integTest task already uses this for the include, so I do not think I need to change it:

include( '**/*IntegrationTest*' )

The integration test source file in the the proper location, but it never gets compiled. Actually, running with --debug shows that Gradle does not think there are any source files for compileIntegTestGroovy to build. I’m at a loss as to why that is.

I guess I’m looking for someone else to tell me they are successfully doing this, so I know I’m doing something silly on my side.

Thanks,

Jamie

(Szczepan Faber) #2

Are you using the groovy plugin? My guess is that the groovy code in sourceSets.integTest.java is not compiled because it’s not java :slight_smile: compileIntegTestGroovy looks for input in sourceSets.integTest.groovy

Take a look at the documentation of the groovy plugin.

(jbisotti) #3

D’oh! I knew I was doing something dumb; just stared at it so long I couldn’t spot it. Thanks.