Using the JaCoCo plugin with Gradle 1.6, I can generate my test report, but can not drill down to the source code level

I’ve added the plugin to my build.

Although the documentation claims that jacocoTestReport will trigger test, I don’t see that. I have to specify both the test and jacocoTestReport targets.

The report is generated properly, except that you can’t navigate to the source listing; you can only see the overview of the class and its methods, but the method (and constructor) names are not clickable.

I tried adding the following to address this:

jacocoTestReport {

sourceSets sourceSets.main }

… but I get the same results.

I went into the samples to try and see if there’s an error in my build script.

$ gr -version

------------------------------------------------------------ Gradle 1.6 ------------------------------------------------------------

Gradle build time: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:12:14 AM UTC Groovy: 1.8.6 Ant: Apache Ant™ version 1.8.4 compiled on May 22 2012 Ivy: 2.2.0 JVM: 1.7.0_12-ea (Oracle Corporation 24.0-b28) OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5 x86_64

~/lib/gradle/samples/testing/jacoco/quickstart $ gr jTR :compileJava :processResources UP-TO-DATE :classes :jacocoTestReport SKIPPED

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 8.552 secs ~/lib/gradle/samples/testing/jacoco/quickstart $

So you can see that JTR is not triggering test correctly.

Building test and jTR generates a report … without source links.

So I think this is a problem with the plugin, and not with my build script.

I think you are hitting: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/_1_6_rc_1_jacoco_plugin_does_not_show_line_numbers Look there for an easy workaround.

Not sure about the task dependency. Will have to do some research.