Using gradle version 7.4+ results in no implementation/comments for dependencies

Github issue for context: Fix the issue where the the locally built 2.0.0.999 results in class references with no documentation · Issue #734 · korlibs/korge-next · GitHub

I found that if I use versions 7.3.3-bin or 7.3.3-all for my gradle wrapper, THEN it will show implementation details and comments for the Korge dependencies when CTRL+clicking on them:

gradle/gradle-wrapper.properties

distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
distributionPath=wrapper/dists
distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-7.3.3-bin.zip
zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
zipStorePath=wrapper/dists

See FIGURE 2 for example: Fix the issue where the the locally built 2.0.0.999 results in class references with no documentation · Issue #734 · korlibs/korge-next · GitHub

If I use versions 7.4+ though, ctrl+clicking on class of the dependencies results in compiled versions with no implementation details or comments:

See FIGURE 1 for example: Fix the issue where the the locally built 2.0.0.999 results in class references with no documentation · Issue #734 · korlibs/korge-next · GitHub

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there a setting I need to modify/change for versions 7.4+ so that the behavior will result in FIGURE 2 rather than FIGURE 1?