Storing artifacts in project directory

Is there a way to use Gradle dependencies management and keep the artifacts in an project directory? We want to keep all artifacts under revision control and in an Repository.

You have several options:

• Use a local (‘file:///’) Maven or Ivy repository (and commit it to source control). * Use a ‘flatDir’ repository. * Directly add files/directories to configurations (e.g. ‘dependencies { compile files(“path/to/my.jar”) }’).

If you choose the first option, you’ll also get transitive dependency management.

For more information, see the dependency management chapters in the Gradle User Guide.

My first idea was to move the artifact-cache to a sub-dir in my project using the “-g” switch. With that, i got all artifacts in place and would be able put them under revision control and keep the dependencies management i like so much. It is even possible to use “–offline”. But this has tow major drawbacks: i got my project polluted with ‘buildscript’ files i didn’t need there and i have to use an extra command line switch.

Using an file-based maven repo. could work, but i couldn’t find a way to get the artifacts from remote repos. automatically moved to the file-based repo. Did i missed here something? Usually the Gradle documentation is very good.

thx for your help!

Committing the Gradle cache is not a viable solution, for various reasons.

Using an file-based maven repo. could work, but i couldn’t find a way to get the artifacts from remote repos. automatically moved to the file-based repo.

That’s a challenge you’d have to solve yourself, and it’s one of the reasons why using a repository manager (Artifactory, Nexus, etc.) is usually preferable.