mavenCentral()
 add(new org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver()) {
  name = 'codeRepo' // used for debugging
  host = "code.example.com"
  user = codeUser
   publishPermissions = '0660'
  m2compatible = true
   keyFile = "${System.properties['user.home']}/.ssh/id_rsa" as File
  addArtifactPattern "/ivy-repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
   addIvyPattern "/ivy-repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml"
  }
    }

We translated that for gradle 2.0 to

repositories {
        mavenCentral()
        ivy {
   name = 'codeRepo' // used for debugging
                url = "sftp://code.example.com:22/ivy-repository"
  credentials {
    username codeUser
    password 'password'
   }
                //publishPermissions = '0660'
                layout "pattern", {
   m2compatible true
   artifact "/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
   ivy "/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml"
  }
 }
    }

But it always tries to query a .pom file and because there is no it fails.

I can’t see why Gradle would be looking for a .pom file in an ivy repository. Can you please post the actual error message you’re seeing? Even better if you can post the debug log via GitHub Gist.

(commerce) #3

Sorry you are right. It does not querry the ivy repository for the pom file. I missread the debug log. It querried mavenCentral for the pom file.

The sftp authentication is canceled

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel
 at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:511)
 at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:183)
 at org.gradle.internal.resource.transport.sftp.SftpClientFactory$SftpClientCreator.createNewClient(SftpClientFactory.java:63)

I actually have the correct credentials there. I did log in with FileZilla using the same username password combination. I think it is something with “known_hosts”. But JSch is very hard to read and does not log any useful info.

The SFTP functionality is pretty new, and may have limitations. Can you please provide the full debug logs, via GitHub Gist (or similar)?

(commerce) #5

Here is the debug log. https://gist.github.com/anonymous/a3042d52754a78e9f5dd I replaced the urls, product strings, etc I hope that helps

(commerce) #6

Maybe the stacktrace helps: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/754c79363c5654bf79ab

Thanks for the report. This bug is now reported as GRADLE-3133.

At this time it’s not clear when we’ll be able to prioritise a fix.

(commerce) #8

I looked at the isue a bit further. The root cause is that our ssh server allows “publickey,keyboard-interactive” authentication while gradle’s JSch is configured to allow “gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password”, but the implementation only works with “pasword”. “Auth Cancel” is reported by the “keyboard-interactive” method. I submitted a patch via github to limit the possible authentication methods to “password”, because it is the only one that works. I created a pull request https://github.com/gradle/gradle/pull/300