Removing the `gradle.plugin.` prefix from a published plugin

Hi Gradle Team,

I have recently published our Kotlin plugins to the Plugin Portal.
However, when they are applied with the plugins DSL, the resolved dependency ID has the gradle.plugin. prefix in the group name (the full group name is therefore gradle.plugin.org.jetbrains.kotlin).
Some of the logic (e.g. this) in our plugins depends on the group names, and weโ€™d like to have the group names unchanged.

Could this be fixed from your side without the group name workaround in our logic? I believe, adding the gradle.plugin. prefix is just a uniqueness measure, so if you need to verify the plugins, then please do so.

And could you please republish the existing org.jetbrains.kotlin.* plugins with the prefix removed from their group names?

The list of the plugins affected by this issue is:

• org.jetbrains.kotlin.jvm
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.kapt
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.android
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.android.extensions
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.plugin.allopen
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.plugin.noarg
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.plugin.spring
  • org.jetbrains.kotlin.plugin.jpa

After this has been fixed (if possible), should we change something in our publishing config to publish subsequent releases with the correct group name?

Thanks.

Probably @craigatk could kindly help us here. Sorry if not the right person to mention.

Iโ€™ll look into this and see if we can come up with options to fix this issue for you.

1 Like

Can also others benefit from the fix? :slight_smile:

I found the answer:
https://plugins.gradle.org/docs/publish-plugin

Edit 1
But it does not work :frowning: it is still published automatically without a manual approval process.
What do I need to do in addition?

Edit 2
Oh well, it has to differ from project group as it seems, I tried โ€˜testโ€™ and now I have a pending request.
I would like to have it without prefix since I provide a plugin for settings.gradle where it is currently not possible to use the DSL

Edit 3
Nope, it works fine, misconfiguration on my side. A lot of noise, a wrong pending request, and well, I hope the comment still helps someone else.

1 Like