Rare problems handling incoming cache access requests

Rarely, when running a Gradle build of Selenium (Java) test classes, using jUnit with the Serenity BDD runner, I get the following error as one of the test classes completes execution:

Problems handling incoming cache access requests. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unexpected protocol version 37 received in lock contention notification message at org.gradle.cache.internal.FileLockCommunicator.decode(FileLockCommunicator.java:88) at org.gradle.cache.internal.FileLockCommunicator.receive(FileLockCommunicator.java:61) at org.gradle.cache.internal.locklistener.DefaultFileLockContentionHandler$1.doRun(DefaultFileLockContentionHandler.java:67) at org.gradle.cache.internal.locklistener.DefaultFileLockContentionHandler$1.run(DefaultFileLockContentionHandler.java:54) at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ExecutorPolicy$CatchAndRecordFailures.onExecute(ExecutorPolicy.java:54) at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(StoppableExecutorImpl.java:40) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Gradle Version: 2.13
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro

This is not particularly common so I’m not sure of the impact it has (doesn’t seem to stop the build), although I don’t have a sophisticated Gradle setup. I am running with up to 8 max parallel forks on the test task, all of which get filled by a Java class for Selenium. I have these builds running several times a day but might only see this error once every two weeks (seen it a few times so far, this isn’t the first time). I’m using IntelliJ for these builds i.e. running the Gradle task from the Gradle view within the IDE.