Gradle 1.9-rc-1 is now available for testing


(Luke Daley) #1

The Gradle team is pleased to announce that the release candidate for Gradle 1.9 is now available.

Download links and release notes can be found as always at http://gradle.org/release-candidate.

Please try Gradle 1.9-rc-1 with your projects and let us know your experiences.


(spencer_allain) #2

Unexpected lock protocol found in lock file. Expected 3, found 2.

Steps to cause this error are simple: gradlew init Uncomment block in build.gradle Create some empty class in src/main/java to force actual compilation and dependency resolution.

07:04:00.921 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Waiting
to acquire exclusive lock on artifact cache (C:\Users\spencer\.gradle\caches\modules-1).
07:04:00.931 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter
                                                                  ]
                                                                               Finished executing task ':compileJava'
07:04:00.939 [INFO] [org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.AbstractTaskPlanExecutor] :compileJava (Thread[main,5,main]) completed. Took 0.106 secs.
07:04:00.946 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.execution.taskgraph.AbstractTaskPlanExecutor] Task worker [Thread[main,5,main]] finished, busy: 0.106 secs, idle: 0.016 secs
ask worker [Thread[main,5,main]] finished, busy: 0.106 secs, idle: 0.016 secs
07:04:00.958 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
07:04:00.966 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
07:04:00.975 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
07:04:00.981 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * What went wrong:
07:04:00.987 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':compile'.
07:04:00.994 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > Unexpected lock protocol found in lock file. Expected 3, found 2.

modules-1.lock contains hex-code: 0283 46F9 B3

Moving the cache directory aside allowed it to work, but I’ve saved my old cache if necessary for analysis.

-Spencer


(Luke Daley) #3

I’ve forked this to its own topic so we can track it. Please reference the new topic here: Error when upgrading to 1.9-r-c1: Unexpected lock protocol found in lock file. Ex…


(Jörn Huxhorn) #4

Building sulky fails with ‘’’ java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.slf4j.LoggerFactory could not be successfully initialized. See also http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#unsuccessfulInit

at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:303)

at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:269)

at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:281)

at de.huxhorn.sulky.buffers.OverwritingCircularBufferTest.(OverwritingCircularBufferTest.java:49) ‘’’


(Luke Daley) #5

No cause?


(Jörn Huxhorn) #6

Not in the test output. Couldn’t find any reason. Just clone the git repository and build it using the default tasks, i.e. just call ‘gradle’ with 1.9-rc-1 or update the wrapper and use ‘gradlew’. I used ‘gradlew’ but reverted the changes since the build was failing.


(Jörn Huxhorn) #7

The See also link doesn’t have a valid anchor so I don’t know what’s causing this. I add the logback-classic dependency as testRuntime to all my projects - so this shouldn’t happen at all.


(Luke Daley) #8

Would you mind reposting as another topic? We do have the ability to do this on our side, but that breaks our ability to export to JIRA.


(John Engelman) #9

We’re running into issues when including the ch.qos.logback:logback-class:1.0.13 jar into our projects.

It appears that 1.9-rc-1 isn’t resolving POM dependencies correctly. This is what the dependency report from 1.8 indicates: ±-- ch.qos.logback:logback-classic:1.0.13 |

±-- ch.qos.logback:logback-core:1.0.13 |

— org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.5

But 1.9-rc-1 generates this: ±-- ch.qos.logback:logback-classic:1.0.13 ±-- org.slf4j:log4j-over-slf4j:1.7.2 |

— org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.2 — com.h2database:h2:1.3.168

This is the logback-classic POM dependencies:

ch.qos.logback

logback-core

compile

org.slf4j

slf4j-api

compile

org.slf4j

slf4j-ext

${slf4j.version}

test

org.slf4j

slf4j-api

test-jar

${slf4j.version}

test

org.slf4j

log4j-over-slf4j

${slf4j.version}

test

org.slf4j

jul-to-slf4j

${slf4j.version}

test

dom4j

dom4j

test

hsqldb

hsqldb

test

com.h2database

h2

test

postgresql

postgresql

test

mysql

mysql-connector-java

5.1.9

test

javax.mail

mail

compile

true

org.codehaus.janino

janino

compile

true

org.codehaus.groovy

groovy-all

compile

true

ch.qos.logback

logback-core

test-jar

test

org.slf4j

integration

${slf4j.version}

test

org.apache.geronimo.specs

geronimo-jms_1.1_spec

compile

true

javax.servlet

servlet-api

compile

true

com.icegreen

greenmail

1.3

test

org.subethamail

subethasmtp

2.1.0

test

org.slf4j

slf4j-api

org.apache.felix

org.apache.felix.main

2.0.2

test

I suspect that the issue is somewhere in the changes to how parent POMs are handled. But I haven’t dug into it.


(Jörn Huxhorn) #10

No problem. I thought putting feedback here would be the proper way.


(John Engelman) #11

Forked this to this topic: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/pom_resolution_issues_in_1_9_rc_1


(Jörn Huxhorn) #12

I created http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/_1_9_rc_1_illegalstateexception_org_slf4j_loggerfactory_could_not_be_successfully_initialized


(Luke Daley) #13

There will be a second RC due to GRADLE-2931.