Publishing to Nexus as a bundle

Does anyone have experience publishing a multi-module project to Nexus as a bundle? I’m publishing to oss.sonatype.org just fine from gradle right now, but it’s being done one artifact at a time. Of which Nexus then creates an automatic bundle, with the description “Implicitly created (auto staging).” This bundling uses some heuristics to determine what is a single bundle, based on what is uploaded in a small time frame. The problem is that I occasionally have two modules being published at the same time, and Nexus groups them together into the same bundle, which I definitely do not want. Has anyone found any Nexus APIs that can be called with Gradle?

BTW, Artifactory has a nice feature to create a build, then publish that build as an atomic unit. It’s perfect. Are there other way of getting artifacts published to maven central without using oss.sonatype.org? Hopefully through an Artifactory?

Are there other way of getting artifacts published to maven central without using oss.sonatype.org? Hopefully through an Artifactory?

The only other way I’m aware of is to go through a forge like Apache or Codehaus, but this is only available if your project lives under that roof, and I don’t know if any of them is using Artifactory. And even then, atomicity would likely be lost when the artifacts are eventually published to oss.sonatype.org.

Thought so.

I found that Sonatype provides some ant tasks which I should be able to use. If I have luck with them, I’ll try to wrap it up in a plugin.

Now, if only I had some easy way of publishing gradle plugins to maven central… But that’s another topic all together.