Provide a different JAVA_HOME for gradle daemon in eclipse

eclipse

(George Sedov) #1

In our project we use IBM JDK 8 and gradle 2.14.1. They don’t work together very well (see GRADLE-3500), so I had to provide a separate java home for gradle to launch daemon correctly. But after that, gradle daemon can’t compile a project, because it uses oracle JVM instead of IBM.

How can I make eclipse launch the daemon using the oracle jvm, while still keeping the IBM java home (and make gradle daemon use the IBM JDK for compilation)?

(Stefan Oehme) #2

The org.gradle.java.home value in your .gradle/gradle.properties file controls which JVM Gradle is started with.

For cross-compilation, see the Java plugin user guide (it mentions Java 6, but this applies to any JDK).

(George Sedov) #3

Ok, so I see the solution to change the gradle build file. But can I somehow do it without modifying the project file, only inside my local gradle configuration?

(Stefan Oehme) #4

The actual path to your JDK will be inside your local configuration, but you still need to tell your build to configure the tasks accordingly. There is no auto-discover of JVMs out of the box at this point.