Oxygen Buildship preferences

Dear guru,

I’ve just installed Oxygen with Buildship bundled and do not see the way to specify path to Gradle in the preferences anymore (see screenshot attached). Re-installation of the Buildship did not help. Is that a planned behavior or there is something wrong with my installation?

Thanks,
Vadim

I don’t really understand, the workspace preferences UI hasn’t changed for quite a while now and looks just like how your screenshot shows. Perhaps you want to try the latest 2.1.0 snapshot, which introduces a new, hierarchical preference scheme for Gradle projects.

I remember that I was able to specify what installation of Gradle to use. How can I do that with the current version (2.0.2)?

You can use the Import Gradle Project wizard to reimport your project with a different distribution. You don’t have to delete the existing project before, the import algorithm will detect if a project is already in the workspace.

In Buildship 2.1 (coming soon) you will also be able to set the default Gradle version used by Buildship in the workspace preferences.

I’ve just updated to 2.1 though is not able to see announced new Buildship preferences page. The following error is displayed when I try to select Gradle workspace preferences:

When OK is pressed corrupted preferences page is opened:

Could you please advice how to solve this problem (probably some settings should be reset or cleared …).

Thanks in advance,
Vadim

@vlotarev Can you try reimporting your project with the Gradle import wizard?

Well, either today’s update or Eclipse restart solved the problem. Everything is OK now. Thank you.

1 Like

I am experiencing another problem with the latest version of Buildship. I have main project with several sub-projects (modules). When I try to run publish task from one of sub-projects Buildship always run publish of the root project. This worked correctly with previous version. Also it works correctly from the command line.