Nested composite builds dependency & plugin resolution

Hi, just starting out with Gradle. I’m trying to have a nested composite build. Basically, I want to satisfy this scenario:

1. Monorepo of microservices with each folder can be a module (dependent-1, dependent-2), library (dependency-1), plugin (plugin-1).
  2. We don’t want to publish library / plugin to a repository, keep everything local
  3. Each module can depend to a library / plugin, and can be worked on as individual projects.
  4. To satisfy points 2. and 3. , each module is a composite build which include builds of library and plugin
  5. For scenarios where we want to refactor, we have the composite folder / project that includes all modules, library and plugin. We would just open the composite project in IntelliJ, then proceed with refactoring shared codes.

But I’m encountering issues with point 5. Whenever I open a ‘parent’ composite project that includes: ‘child’ composite projects, library, and plugin, I can’t run a test task for the plugin in IntelliJ. It results to an error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* Where:
Build file '/composite-full/module-2/build.gradle.kts' line: 9
* What went wrong:
Plugin [id: 'org.company.plugin.greeting'] was not found in any of the following sources:
- Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)
- Included Builds (None of the included builds contain this plugin)
- Plugin Repositories (plugin dependency must include a version number for this source)

I can run the test task of a dependency, it doesn’t produce any error. It’s just for the plugins.

Here’s a build scan report: Build scan | Gradle Cloud Services

I’ve created a minimal repository that repoduces the issue: GitHub - aamiel16/gradle-composite.

Greatly appreciate any ideas / thoughts to handle this.

Just found out that this was related to this open issue: Plugin not found on nested composite builds · Issue #11651 · gradle/gradle · GitHub

Any thoughts for a workaround?