Milestone-5 cache directory lock timeout

Milestone 5 is failing consistently for me with:

[exec] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

[exec]

[exec] * What went wrong:

[exec] Could not open cache directory C:\path_to_project.gradle\1.0-milestone-5\taskArtifacts.

[exec] Cause: Timeout waiting to lock cache directory C:\path_to_project.gradle\1.0-milestone-5\taskArtifacts. It is currently in use by another Gradle instance.

[exec] Owner PID: 10308

[exec] Our PID: 6068

[exec] Owner Operation:

[exec] Our operation:

[exec] Lock file: C:\path_to_project.gradle\1.0-milestone-5\taskArtifacts\cache.properties.lock

This worked before with milestone-3 and milestone-4.

There is only one build happening at a time, though Gradle calls out to other tools that will call back in to Gradle. E.g. Gradle launches Visual Studio, the VS project has post-build step will execute a gradle task to finish off part of the build. It’s done that way so that final part of the build is done even when the project is built from within the VS IDE.

What’s the solution?

There’s no work around to this problem yet. You will have to use 1.0-milestone-3 or 1.0-milestone-4 until a fix is ready.

This is a high priority issue for us, and we are working on a fix. It should be available in the next release.

I have the same problem when running a second, concurrent build.

My project has a front- and backend system which i both start separately using gradle, but when i start the second one, a timeout occurs on ${projectDir}\buildSrc.gradle\noVersion\buildSrc\cache.properties.lock

Is this also something the fix for the next release resolves for me?