Kotlin DSL - import of objects from buildSrc not working

I am experimenting with the Kotlin DSL and defining common things in buildSrc Kotlin code.

My buildSrc contains a single file Config.kt in buildSrc/src/main/kotlin/build with content:

package build

object UsedVersions {

val kotlin = "1.3.50"
    val dokka = "0.9.17"
    val gradle_node = "1.2.0"

}

object UsedPlugins {

val kotlin_gradle = "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-gradle-plugin"
    val dokka_gradle = "org.jetbrains.dokka:dokka-gradle-plugin"
    val gradle_node = "com.moowork.gradle:gradle-node-plugin"

}

object UsedLibs {

val kotlin_serialization = "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-serialization"

}

And I have buildSrc/build.gradle.kts containing:

plugins {
    `kotlin-dsl`
}

My problem is that when referencing these objects in my project’s build.gradle.kts I have to reference them with a fully qualified name (e.g. build.UsedVersions.kotlin) otherwise (when using UsedVersions.kotlin) I get an Unresolved reference, even though I have some import statements at the top of my build:

import build.UsedVersions
import build.UsedLibs
import build.UsedPlugins

buildscript {
    dependencies {
        classpath ("\${build.UsedPlugins.kotlin_gradle}:\${build.UsedVersions.kotlin}")
        classpath ("\${build.UsedPlugins.dokka_gradle}:\${build.UsedVersions.dokka}")
        classpath ("\${build.UsedPlugins.gradle_node}:\${build.UsedVersions.gradle_node}")
        classpath ("\${build.UsedLibs.kotlin_serialization}:\${build.UsedVersions.kotlin}")
    }
}

plugins {
    base

id("org.jetbrains.kotlin.multiplatform") version (build.UsedVersions.kotlin)
}

The funny thing is that IntelliJ Idea is able to autocomplete on UsedVersions, UsedLibs, UsedPlugins and actually added the imports automatically to the build.gadle.kts while doing the autocompletion.

What am I doing wrong? How can I solve this?

Using gradle 5.6.2.

Same here, have you found any solution for it?

I had the same problem. I saw that the “main”-code was missing from the Android project-view.

• I changes “kotlin” to “java” under main -> It appeared under Android project view
  • Then I invalidated caches and restarted (file > Invalidate caches / restart > Invalidate and restart) -> Did not help
  • Run a full git clean “git clean -fdx”, and then a “gradle sync” -> I could build