I can't get windows environment variable to work

Hi I have a video of my problem on AWS:
copy and paste

System variables are not aliases for commands. All you’ve done there is create a variable that could be accessed as %gradle% with the value C:\Software\Gradle\gradle-6.2.2-all\bin.

If you want the gradle binary to be found from any directory, you need to add C:\Software\Gradle\gradle-6.2.2-all\bin to the PATH variable (each path ; separated).

Alternatively, if you really want a separate System variable, it would be more conventional to set something like GRADLE_HOME:

GRADLE_HOME      C:\Software\Gradle\gradle-6.2.2-all

Then add just %GRADLE_HOME%\bin to the PATH.

Thanks James. I was able to get it to work. I don’t know where to start using Gradle, but I’m wanting to use Twilio Voice and Twilio asks me to use Gradle or Maven. So here is where I am right now and I’m having a problem …See video:https://videos-billcory.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gradle/webapp.mp4

The mkdir -p src/main/webapp/WEB-INF command in the guide is written for Linux / MacOS. The -p option should not be used on Windows.

Hi James, let me know if I’m supposed to start a new thread or if I can contact you via the reply

My main objective is to send voice messages to landline phones. I’m following along the Programable voice using quickstart for java document from Twilio. I made lots of progress but now I’m stuck following the document which has led me to use more tools. IntelliJ and other programs that I’m not at all familiar with. I want to ask Twilio for Phone Support but it’s either too expensive or not available.

Here is the link to where I’m currently stuck. I hope this video is somewhat helpful?

https://videos-billcory.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gradle/QuickstartGuide1.mp4

The dependency line goes in the build.gradle file, not the command line, which you eventually started looking for. Your sample project did have a build.gradle, but the icon is the elephant now instead of the old logo, so it doesn’t stand out as much.