Gradle sees my build file as empty file

This projects runs for multiple days after switching to new android gradle plugin 0.4.2. I have added now another library as usual i add it. I looked over and over the configuration and see not a mistake, here is what i get:

[drindt@localhost workspace]$ gradle assembleDebug --info Starting Build Settings evaluated using settings file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/settings.gradle’. Projects loaded. Root project using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/build.gradle’. Included projects: [root project ‘workspace’, project ‘:AndroidQuickResponseCode’, project ‘:ClueList’, project ‘:FacebookSDK’, project ‘:FastEntry’, project ‘:PullToRefresh’, project ‘:android-calendar-view’] Evaluating root project ‘workspace’ using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/build.gradle’. Evaluating project ‘:AndroidQuickResponseCode’ using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/AndroidQuickResponseCode/build.gradle’. The TaskContainer.add() method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 2.0. Please use the create() method instead. Evaluating project ‘:ClueList’ using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/ClueList/build.gradle’. Evaluating project ‘:android-calendar-view’ using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/android-calendar-view/build.gradle’. Evaluating project ‘:FacebookSDK’ using build file ‘/home/drindt/Temporär/freudeschenken/workspace/FacebookSDK/build.gradle’. Evaluating project ‘:PullToRefresh’ using empty build file.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong: A problem occurred configuring project ‘:ClueList’. > Failed to notify project evaluation listener.

Configuration with name ‘default’ not found.

• Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 6.887 secs

After renaming the library PullToRefresh in ptr its working. Very weird behavior…

I too had this same problem while trying to get an Android Gradle built project to build on my remote CI Jenkins server. I was able to build on my local machine with “./gradlew clean assembleDebug”, “./gradlew build”, etc… On the remote CI Jenkins server however I also received the “Evaluating project ‘:android-number-picker:library’ using empty build file. … Failed to notify project evaluation listener. > Configuration with name ‘default’ not found.”

Changing the name of the library directory in root-app-folder:android-number-picker:library to root-app-folder:android-number-picker:number-picker-library fixed it for me.

I don’t know why it was working on my local machine, but not my remote machine.

This is a somewhat cryptic error message to be receiving for this, and I never would have figured it out if it weren’t for this post.