Gradle eclipse plugin, org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.classpathcontainer error

Hi,

I have a multiproject build that depends on a bunch of WSDL files. We’re using com.github.jacobono.wsdl plugin to run wsimport on these WSDL to generate our TO java files.

The plugin requires us to create a directory for each WSDL and add them into the settings.gradle file on the root

include "foo"
include" bar" 
include "bar:wsdl1"
include "bar:wsdl2"
etc.

All works great and build correctly. However in eclipse for each of the level 1 sub-projects we get an error

org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.classpathcontainer (8 items) [ 8 WSDL files/subdirs ]
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Remapping project 'C:\project\bar\wsdl1-ws to jar dependency failed, make sure to publish a jar to a location where it can be resolved.	bar		Unknown	org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.classpathcontainer
Remapping project 'C:\project\bar\wsdl2-ws to jar dependency failed, make sure to publish a jar to a location where it can be resolved.	bar		Unknown	org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.classpathcontainer
etc... 

The projects in eclipse have been created using the eclipse plugin and are not faceted or anything else. I’m only referencing the Gradle Dependencies in the project itself as a dependency.

I’m running Eclipse Luna (caught up to today’s release) and gradle 2.4. The problem occurs on both Mac and Windows 8.

Thanks

Hi Aram

This is a problem related to the STS plugin maintained by Pivotal. I recommend you seek their advice. Note that Gradle provides its own Eclipse integration via Buildship, Eclipse Plug-ins for Gradle.

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

I couldn’t get the Pivotal plugin uninstalled so I create a whole new Eclipse Luna (4.4.2 I believe) installation and installed the Buildship release and then snapshot versions of the plugin only.

Neither version gave me the ability to configure my projects as gradle project nor did they allow me to add the gradle dependencies to my build path.

Do you happen to know if there is a compatability issue with Luna and that plugin?

I do see icon issues in the eclipse log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2015-06-17 10:00:25.982
!MESSAGE Unable to resolve plug-in “platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.buildship.ui/icons/full/eview16/executions_view.png”.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Unable to resolve plug-in “platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.buildship.ui/icons/full/eview16/executions_view.png”.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformURLPluginConnection.parse(PlatformURLPluginConnection.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformURLPluginConnection.resolve(PlatformURLPluginConnection.java:75)

But the images do exist in the jar itself:

E:\apps\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.buildship.ui_1.0.0.v20150616-2101-s.jar\icons\full\eview16\executions_view.png

Thanks.