Gradle documentation

Hello
i’m new to Gradle and i can’t find the full documentation of the software. I try at doc.gradle.org and i’ve found a lot of example but not a detailed documentation.

Assuming you mean docs.gradle.org, what do you miss?
Besides the example projects, there is the full documentation, including a search and also a single-page variant and a PDF variant. (while the single-page and thus also PDF variant miss some chapters currently: Improvements for the single-page documentation. · Issue #16760 · gradle/gradle · GitHub)

Could you give me a link to the full documentation? For example i’ve search the documentation for implementing the dependencies for a library in a jar file but i haven’t found it.

Could you give me a link to the full documentation?

What do you mean?
As I said, docs.gradle.org IS the full documentation and it is quiet extensive.

For example i’ve search the documentation for implementing the dependencies for a library in a jar file but i haven’t found it.

I don’t know what you mean with “implementing the dependencies for a library in a jar file” which probably is also the reason you didn’t find what you are after. If you mean how to build a fat jar, then my recommendation is to not do it whenever you can avoid it at almost any cost. See http://fatjar.net/ for some quotes about why. Gradle has no built-in support for fat reasons and I hope never gets. For very simple cases the documentation shows at Working With Files how to do it, but this does not consider many edge cases like service files that need merging, jar signatures, and many other things, and with some JARs it is even impossible to create fat jar. The shadow plugin covers some of these edge cases in a convenient way.

But again, I strongly advice against ever building a fat jar if you can avoid it and instead use the built-in application plugin to build a proper application distribution.

I have a project with some java source files and some libraries in java format; I need to tell gradle where r the jar files in order to compile correctly the project.

Do you mean you have checked in jar files in your project that you need to compile against?
If so, I’d also avoid that if possible. :smiley:
But then the docs you are after are about declaring dependencies: Declaring dependencies