Gradle 4.2.1 does not go to local repository for dependencies

Hi,

I am building an Android application from an environment (windows) that has no internet access. Gradle is failing with “unable to resolve dependencies” error. Here is what I tried so far,

1. I have a local maven repository setup with all the necessary dependencies.
  2. Configured build.gradle (both app and project) to point to mavenLocal()
  3. Configured build.gradle (both app and project) to point to maven { url ‘c:/Maven’ }

Gradle does not seem to care about my local repository and always goes to jcenter(), this is failing as the environment has not internet access.

Below is a sample error,

C:\h\Technology\Android\workspace\CodeWide\app\build.gradle
Error:(46, 17) Failed to resolve: junit:junit:4.12
<a href="openFile:C:/h/Technology/Android/workspace/CodeWide/app/build.gradle">Show in File</a><br><a href="open.dependency.in.project.structure">Show in Project Structure dialog</a>
Error:Failed to resolve: javax.inject:javax.inject:1
<a href="openFile:C:/h/Technology/Android/workspace/CodeWide/app/build.gradle">Open File</a><br><a href="open.dependency.in.project.structure">Show in Project Structure dialog</a>
Error:Failed to resolve: javax.annotation:javax.annotation-api:1.2
<a href="openFile:C:/h/Technology/Android/workspace/CodeWide/app/build.gradle">Open File</a><br><a href="open.dependency.in.project.structure">Show in Project Structure dialog</a>
Error:Failed to resolve: com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:2.0.1
Error:Failed to resolve: org.hamcrest:hamcrest-library:1.3
Error:Failed to resolve: org.hamcrest:hamcrest-integration:1.3
Error:Failed to resolve: com.squareup:javawriter:2.1.1

Below is build.gradle

apply plugin: ‘com.android.application’

task wrapper(type: Wrapper) {
gradleVersion = ‘4.2.1’
}

android {
compileSdkVersion 26
buildToolsVersion "26.0.1"
defaultConfig {
applicationId "com.rbc.cwmt.codewide"
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 26
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
testInstrumentationRunner “android.support.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner”
}
buildTypes {
release {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile(‘proguard-android.txt’), ‘proguard-rules.pro
}
}
}

buildscript {
repositories {
mavenLocal()
maven {
url “c:/Maven”
}

}

}

dependencies {
compile fileTree(include: [’*.jar’], dir: ‘libs’)
androidTestCompile(‘com.android.support.test.espresso:espresso-core:2.2.2’, {
exclude group: ‘com.android.support’, module: ‘support-annotations’
})
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:26.+'
compile 'com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout:1.0.0-alpha7’
compile 'com.android.support:design:26.+'
testCompile ‘junit:junit:4.12’
}

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

You are only configuring the repositories used for buildscript dependencies (a.k.a plugins). You need to configure the repositories for the project instead.

apply plugin...

repositories {
 // your repos
}