Force plugin to use new JVM (e.g. no daemon)

I’m new to Gradle and have run into a problem with the Tomcat Gradle plugin (https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-tomcat-plugin) that I’m trying to workaround. Within a Gradle daemon process, I’m able to start Tomcat using this plugin only once. The second time, I run into the stack trace below.

Is there a setting/config option to force the tomcatRun task within this plugin to create a new JVM rather than using the Gradle daemon? I could disable the daemon completely or use the command line flag, --no-daemon, but neither is ideal.

Thanks!

Scott

Caused by: java.lang.Error: factory already defined
at java.base/java.net.URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(URL.java:1184)
at org.apache.catalina.webresources.TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.(TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:130)
at org.apache.catalina.webresources.TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.getInstanceInternal(TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.webresources.TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.register(TomcatURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:77)
at org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot.registerURLStreamHandlerFactory(StandardRoot.java:701)
at org.apache.catalina.webresources.StandardRoot.initInternal(StandardRoot.java:683)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:136)
… 175 more