Finding out conditions of onlyIf

I have a project that is refusing to perform an bintrayUpload and it won’t tell me why:

09:40:00.427 [LIFECYCLE] [class org.gradle.internal.buildevents.TaskExecutionLogger] 
09:40:00.427 [LIFECYCLE] [class org.gradle.internal.buildevents.TaskExecutionLogger] > Task :logback-sigar:bintrayUpload SKIPPED
09:40:00.427 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.internal.operations.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor] Build operation 'Task :logback-sigar:bintrayUpload' started
09:40:00.427 [INFO] [org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter] Skipping task ':logback-sigar:bintrayUpload' as task onlyIf is false.
09:40:00.427 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.internal.operations.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor] Completing Build operation 'Task :logback-sigar:bintrayUpload'
09:40:00.427 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.internal.operations.DefaultBuildOperationExecutor] Build operation 'Task :logback-sigar:bintrayUpload' completed
09:40:00.427 [INFO] [org.gradle.execution.plan.DefaultPlanExecutor] :logback-sigar:bintrayUpload (Thread[Execution worker for ':' Thread 6,5,main]) completed. Took 0.0 secs.

Is there a TRACE level or a debugging feature that will let me see what the evaluation of onlyIf is, or at least get the line number so I can trace it down to the source code?

Edit: It turns out the kordamp plugin for bintray interacts with the shipkit bintray plugin and so it has to be set in both places – question still stands if there’s a way to trace behavior / graph state in Gradle.

For example, the next thing I’m running into is a failure state in a task

10:08:17.378 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Releasing lock on daemon addresses registry.
10:08:16.613 [LIFECYCLE] [class org.gradle.internal.buildevents.TaskExecutionLogger] 
10:08:16.613 [LIFECYCLE] [class org.gradle.internal.buildevents.TaskExecutionLogger] > Task :logback-classic:bintrayUpload FAILED

but it doesn’t tell me why it failed. Is there a mechanism in Gradle that will let me see what caused the failure?

1 Like