Error: CreateProcess failed, error=216

Hello
I am making the transition from Android Eclipse IDE to Android Studio IDE, and have created my first project, simply by following the instructions in the Wrox book “Beginning Android Programming with Android Studio”. Since several days I am now stuck with the following mysterious message in the “Event Log” window “Gradle sync failed: CreateProcess failed, error=216”, and since I am so new to Android Studio I just have no idea what to do at such an early stage in my endeavers! Unfortunately the book is no help either on that problem.
Of course I have consulted the internet, but the advice I found there was just as mysterious to me.
I have been able to figure out the intricacies of Android Eclipse, and I have the motivation to do the same for Android Studio, given a little help.
I am running 32-bit Windows 7 on my administrator account, maybe that’s the problem.
Thank you
Erwin Beck

Since posting my question two days ago, I have noticed that several community members have looked at it, but it seems they were as puzzleled as me, since they didn’t offer any reply. What makes me think that my question maybe is a tricky question!
Therefore I have looked again at my notes what I really did to create my first Android project, after doing a Clean Install on my 32-bit Windows 7 machine, running on my administrator account.

1. ran Java JDK “jdk-8u121-windows-i586.exe” installer, Windows x86, resulting in the following 2 default folders:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_121

2. set JAVA_HOME Environment Variable = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121

3. after digging around in the internet, I decided to go one step back and install Android Studio 2.1.3 instead of Android Studio 2.3, with the “android-studio-bundle-143.3101438-windows.exe” installer, and my problem went away!

Erwin Beck