Copy/Sync task from or into a Samba/CIFS network share does not work on a Linux maschine?

Hi everybody!

Following sync (copy) task:

task deploy(type: Sync) {
 from ("build/testing")
 into ("//192.168.111.22/api/Source")
}

When I execute the gradle task on a Windows machine there are no problems.

On a linux machine I got following error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
  * What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':deploy'.
> Failed to create parent directory '/192.168.111.22' when creating directory '/192.168.111.22/api/Source/pcs2'

What is the best procedure to sync or copy with a Samba/CIFS network share on a linux machine?

Is it possible to keep the same directory path for both platforms windows and linux?

Regards, mr

On Linux you’ll have to mount the network share, and then reference the mount point. I doubt you can have one path that works for both platforms.

I have the windows share mounted on linux, but then the gradle build fails when it tries to set the file mode on the target file:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to set file permissions 420 on file targetFile.zip. errno: 1
        at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.LibcChmod.chmod(LibcChmod.java:39)
        at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.GenericFileSystem.chmod(GenericFileSystem.java:67)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.file.AbstractFileTreeElement.copyTo(AbstractFileTreeElement.java:67)
        ... 81 more

Build runs on a linux but the target file is on a mounted windows share.

Previous error was using version 1.4. Similar error using 1.12:

Caused by: net.rubygrapefruit.platform.NativeException: Could not set UNIX mode on targeFile.zip: could not chmod file (errno 1)
        at net.rubygrapefruit.platform.internal.DefaultPosixFiles.setMode(DefaultPosixFiles.java:41)
        at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.NativePlatformBackedChmod.chmod(NativePlatformBackedChmod.java:32)
        at org.gradle.internal.nativeplatform.filesystem.GenericFileSystem.chmod(GenericFileSystem.java:67)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.file.AbstractFileTreeElement.copyTo(AbstractFileTreeElement.java:76)
        ... 78 more