Confused about how to jar and collect projects

(James) #1

So I’ve been using Gradle to build my projects for a while, I’ve got all my configurations set up correctly to work but at the moment I’m doing this manually and it’s becoming a pain.

I have several projects that have to be built in a specific order. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to do this though.

Project A gets turned into a jar, Project B has it as a dependency. Then I have several ‘plugins’ that use Project B as a dependency. I want to jar the several plugins after Project B is jarred, then copy them into the build folder of Project B. Is this even possible or am I going to have to continue doing it manually?

(James Justinic) #2

If you’re modeling the dependencies as expected, you shouldn’t care about order. Naturally, if the plugins depend on project B, it will be built before the plugins, and if project B depends on project A, project A will be built first.

If you have a small sample project that shows what you’re doing manually, it should be very straight-forward to give you some alternatives.