Android plugin check Gradle version problem

I am trying to generate a signed bundle to publish my app on the Google Play Store. I posted this question Upgrade Gradle Question a few days ago and received a response that I am not sure how to apply. The Core Developer stated my problem

is that the Android plugin is doing a check on the Gradle version

I assume this means I need to block the Android plugin from doing a check on the Gradle version but I don’t know how and I can’t find any examples of where this was a solution. I have attempted to resolve issue by:

1. Upgrading Android Studio to latest version (Android Studio 3.6.3)
  2. During Android Studio upgrade I selected to have Gradle upgraded
  3. I have followed the directions at this link Gradle Update under both the “Update the Android Gradle plugin” section and “Update Gradle” section.
  4. File/ProjectStructure/Project has Android Gradle Plugin Version as 3.6.3 and the Gradle Version as 5.6.4.
  5. Build/BuildBundlesAPK/BuildBundles generates successfully
  6. Build/GenerateSignedBundleAPK as an Android App Bundle build fails:
> Task :app:processReleaseGoogleServices FAILED
Parsing json file: C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollection\app\google-services.json

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:processReleaseGoogleServices'.
> No matching client found for package name 'com.rc.rentcollection.StoreReqMet'

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 639ms
3 actionable tasks: 3 executed
  1. gradle --stacktrace produces

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file ‘C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollection\app\build.gradle’ line: 1
  • What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ‘:app’.

Failed to apply plugin [id ‘com.android.internal.version-check’]
Minimum supported Gradle version is 5.6.4. Current version is 4.0. If using the gradle wrapper, try editing the distributionUrl in C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollectio
n\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties to gradle-5.6.4-all.zip

1. distributionUrl already had gradle-5.6.4-all.zip

#Wed May 13 22:34:32 CDT 2020
distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
distributionPath=wrapper/dists
zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
distributionUrl=https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-5.6.4-all.zip

What do I need to do to successfully generate a signed bundle? Any help would be much appreciated.

I managed to generate a signed bundle by following this suggestion. I edited the google-services.json client’s package name to match the name in File/ProjectStructure/BuildVariants/ApplicationIDSuffix .

"client": [
{
  "client_info": {
    "mobilesdk_app_id": "intentionallyLeftBlank",
    "android_client_info": {
      "package_name": "com.example.aaron.myproject22"
    }