I am trying to generate a signed bundle to publish my app on the Google Play Store. I posted this question Upgrade Gradle Question a few days ago and received a response that I am not sure how to apply. The Core Developer stated my problem
is that the Android plugin is doing a check on the Gradle version
I assume this means I need to block the Android plugin from doing a check on the Gradle version but I don’t know how and I can’t find any examples of where this was a solution. I have attempted to resolve issue by:
- Upgrading Android Studio to latest version (Android Studio 3.6.3)
- During Android Studio upgrade I selected to have Gradle upgraded
- I have followed the directions at this link Gradle Update under both the “Update the Android Gradle plugin” section and “Update Gradle” section.
- File/ProjectStructure/Project has Android Gradle Plugin Version as 3.6.3 and the Gradle Version as 5.6.4.
- Build/BuildBundlesAPK/BuildBundles generates successfully
- Build/GenerateSignedBundleAPK as an Android App Bundle build fails:
> Task :app:processReleaseGoogleServices FAILED Parsing json file: C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollection\app\google-services.json FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':app:processReleaseGoogleServices'. > No matching client found for package name 'com.rc.rentcollection.StoreReqMet' * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 639ms 3 actionable tasks: 3 executed
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
Build file ‘C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollection\app\build.gradle’ line: 1
- What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ‘:app’.
Failed to apply plugin [id ‘com.android.internal.version-check’]
Minimum supported Gradle version is 5.6.4. Current version is 4.0. If using the gradle wrapper, try editing the distributionUrl in C:\Users\ibwev\AndroidStudioProjects\RentCollectio
n\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties to gradle-5.6.4-all.zip
- distributionUrl already had gradle-5.6.4-all.zip
#Wed May 13 22:34:32 CDT 2020
What do I need to do to successfully generate a signed bundle? Any help would be much appreciated.