Work on the deployment plugin

(Benjamin Muschko) #1

Hi,

One of the key features planned for Gradle 1.7 is the support for a container controller backed by Arquillian. Arquillian supports deployments to a variety of containers. Initial work was done in this repository.

In the meantime, I found some time to add more features to the plugin in a fork of the original repository.

Some of the features are:

• Expose extension properties for configuring the plugin from the build script. * Expose container tasks for starting, stopping and running the container (including deploying and un-deploying an artifact). * Preconfigure the deployable artifact by determining the nature of the project (WAR, EAR…). * Automatically retrieve container adapter dependencies through the container.json definition. * Added unit tests. * Started documenting the work.

The current functionality is far from perfect. I also haven’t run/written extensive tests against other containers than embedded Jetty 8. If you are interested in trying out the plugin, feel free to give it a shot. I’d love to hear your feedback.

Ben

(Aslak Knutsen) #2

Just to note…

The branch has now been merged in the original repo and can be found here:

Features / Bugs are tracked with GitHub issues for the time being: