What is the way to get maven POM descriptors in Gradle for plugin development?

I need to get a list of pom descriptors while developing a gradle plugin. Are there any ways to do it except of relying on caches?

I don’t quite understand the question (it could mean several things). Can you elaborate?

I want to get project’s dependencies POM descriptors, I’m trying to find the ways to resolve them as gradle gives access only to jar artifacts.

The best you can currently do is to use separate dependency declarations for the POMs. You can declare the POM dependencies either manually or automatically (by creating a detached configuration and adding a POM dependency for every dependency found on the original configuration).

What do you need the POM descriptors for?

I need to extract license info from there. I saw something similar in this thread: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/getting_maven_pom_parent_in_gradle but I don’t understand what does ‘@pom’ mean and can’t find API in gradle for adding such dependencies. How can we create POM dependency?

Found, adding an extension to dependency declaration makes resolver to resolve with this extension pom\jar correspondingly. So, this is the way we can get poms. Thanks for replies.