What is the way to get maven POM descriptors in Gradle for plugin development?

(alexander bezrodniy) #1

I need to get a list of pom descriptors while developing a gradle plugin. Are there any ways to do it except of relying on caches?

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

I don’t quite understand the question (it could mean several things). Can you elaborate?

(alexander bezrodniy) #3

I want to get project’s dependencies POM descriptors, I’m trying to find the ways to resolve them as gradle gives access only to jar artifacts.

(Peter Niederwieser) #4

The best you can currently do is to use separate dependency declarations for the POMs. You can declare the POM dependencies either manually or automatically (by creating a detached configuration and adding a POM dependency for every dependency found on the original configuration).

What do you need the POM descriptors for?

(alexander bezrodniy) #5

I need to extract license info from there. I saw something similar in this thread: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/getting_maven_pom_parent_in_gradle but I don’t understand what does ‘@pom’ mean and can’t find API in gradle for adding such dependencies. How can we create POM dependency?

(alexander bezrodniy) #6

Found, adding an extension to dependency declaration makes resolver to resolve with this extension pom\jar correspondingly. So, this is the way we can get poms. Thanks for replies.