Want to use local dependencies, because I have no internet access. (noob, desperate)

Hello,

I am currently trying to build a project, and it turns out that this is done through Gradle. The problem is that my Linux distribution in the office has no internet connection because of security policies. As part of the build process ‘Scala’ is needed, which I have installed and added to my PATH in ~/.bashrc

For some reason Gradle cannot locate Scala. I have no experience with Gradle, but before posting I tried to figure out how to use it for some hours. I am still no closer to thje solution so I am hoping you could give me some suggestions so the build can hopefully complete. This is what my build.gradle file looks like

build.gradle

apply plugin: 'java'
apply plugin: 'scala'
  task wrapper(type: Wrapper) {
  gradleVersion = '1.6'
}
  defaultTasks 'jar'
  description = 'Mines Java Toolkit'
sourceCompatibility = 1.7
  sourceSets {
  main {
    output.resourcesDir = output.classesDir
  }
  test {
  }
  demo {
    compileClasspath += sourceSets.main.runtimeClasspath
  }
}
  jar {
  baseName 'edu_mines_jtk'
  manifest {
    attributes 'Implementation-Title': project.description
  }
  from sourceSets.demo.output // include demos
  from sourceSets.test.output // include tests
}
  javadoc {
  title = project.description
}
  repositories.mavenCentral() // for Scala jars
dependencies {
  compile fileTree('libs') // contains jars provided with the Mines JTK
  compile 'org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.+' // contains Scala jars
}

*************************** This is the output I get

*************************** [l0412595@nx09 jtk-master-new]$ gradlew :compileJava UP-TO-DATE :compileScala UP-TO-DATE :processResources UP-TO-DATE :classes UP-TO-DATE :compileDemoJava UP-TO-DATE :compileDemoScala

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

What went wrong: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘detachedConfiguration1’. Artifact ‘org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2@jar’ not found.

Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7.349 secs *************************

I have tried several things, but without succes. First of all I tried to remove the repositories.mavenCentral() line as I have no access to the internet on the Linux computer. I then tried to replace this with a flat directory repository as suggested by Chapter 49 of the online documentation

repositories {
    flatDir {
        dirs '/data/isilon/Users/l0412595/scala-2.10.2/lib'
    }
}

Where the directory written down is the directory where the .jar files of ‘scala’ are stored. This didn’t work. I also tried adding a line to the dependencies

compile fileTree('/data/isilon/Users/l0412595/scala-2.10.2/lib')

But this also doesn’t fix the problem. At this point I have really run out of ideas and I would be very grateful if the community could help me. The problem I am facing is basically that I have no internet, but a working scala installation, yet I cannot get Gradle to make use of it.

If you don’t have access to a remote repository, you may have to set the compile task’s Scala class path directly:

tasks.withType(ScalaCompile) {
    scalaClasspath = fileTree('/data/isilon/Users/l0412595/scala-2.10.2/lib')
}

Additionally, you’ll have to declare ‘scala-library’ as a ‘compile’ dependency.

Thanks Pieter! I only had to add that line of code and everything finally worked. Thank you so much