Using gradle to Resolve Transitive Dependencies to Update Repo's

I’m investigating an issue one of our s/w dev teams is having. They must develop offline (closed network) and are currently using nexus and maven. To populate their offline repositories they must retrieve the data from a network connected computer, copy data onto a DVD and transfer to the closed network by copying from the DVD. Because of the overhead involved with getting the data to the closed network it’s important to completely understand, and retrieve, all dependencies when, for example, upgrading to a later version of s/w, e.g. Hibernate, Spring, etc.
Does grable offer additional “power” over maven to resolve dependencies and help with the dev environment described above? If so could someone please describe at a high level and/or point me down the right path. I’m brand new to grable and have read a lot of material but still do not have an answer.
Thanks in advance.

If your developers have to use a DVD as repository (directly, or by copying it’s contents to a disk), and have their dependencies to be resolved by this storage, you can use Gradle’s concept of a “flat repository”. That is: using a plain file system with directories and files. Have a look at Gradle’s User Guide, “50.6.6. Flat directory repository”.

Thanks so much for the reply. DVD is only used as a mean to transfer the data from the “connected” network to the unconnected development network. The development network uses nexus to proxy maven repositories.

The issue is how best to fully understand implications of changes to dependencies when you are on the connected network so you can ensure you grab everything needed before “sneaker netting” it to he development network.

Further reading suggests that perhaps maven is better at this than gradle since it has the dependency plug-in which has features that gradle does not?