Unable to use Findbugs plugin with 1.2-rc-1

I have the following in my build.gradle

apply plugin: 'findbugs'
  repositories {
  mavenLocal()
  mavenCentral()
}

When I run ‘./gradlew findbugsMain’, it fails with:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
  * What went wrong:
Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':findbugs'.
> Artifact 'xerces:xercesImpl:2.6.2@jar' not found.

I’ve verified that xercesImpl 2.6.2 is actually present both in my local .m2 as well as (obviously) in Maven Central. Any ideas?

What happens when you flip it around?

repositories {
  mavenLocal()
  mavenCentral()
}
apply plugin: 'findbugs'

Also, please try running with --refresh-dependencies

Yes, that seems to work though I’d say this is a bug. When I flip them around, gradle downloaded http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xerces/xercesImpl/2.6.2/xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar even though that file exists in my local .m2 repo.

In fact, this doesn’t work:

• flip the order (mavenCentral first) – works. At this point, xercesImpl should be in the local cache * flip it back (mavenLocal first) – fails with the same error as before

Luke, I tried with --refresh-dependencies and it doesn’t change the behavior.

Can you try running with ‘–refresh-dependencies’ and ‘–info’ and paste the logging when it’s trying to resolve xerces?

At this point, my only thought is that there’s a network issue between you and Maven Central. That, or a corrupt Gradle cache index, but I’d expect that to manifest differently.

Actually it might have been a corrupt mavenLocal index – that seems to be the problematic repo. If I remove it, everything works fine. I blew away the xerces part of the .m2 namespace and that seems to have fixed the problem. I think we can consider this resolved, for now – thanks!

same for me. I also use a local maven repo for my artefact, and also had xerces there. When I purged the xerces directories, gradle dowloaded xerces into it’s filestore and the task findbugsMain was ok.