Task-based dependencies

(rayman7718) #1

I have a simple java project that I use gradle for. Currently, I have specified all my library dependencies as one project dependencies tag. Is there a way for me to enable gradle to selectively choose only certain dependencies from the tag based on the compile task that is being run?

I have one compile task that builds the project for ARM, x64, x86, etc. And when running each task I would like the corresponding library dependency to be linked. Also, I would like to specify an All Task, that runs each task successively and builds the target for each platform.

Any suggestions?

(Chris Doré) #2

It may be a bit early for you to adopt, but have you looked at the upcoming Java support in the new software model?

https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/java_software.html

Depending on what other plugins you want to use, they may not have any support for the new Java model.

(Chris Doré) #3

Hmm, sorry, it sounds like Gradle has put development of the new Java software model support on hold. I did not know this until I read @st_oehme’s post here.

(rayman7718) #4

Thanks! I had not realize it was early for us to adopt gradle.

For now, I simply use the project.gradle.startParameter.taskNames
inside dependencies tag to decide which compile statements to issue.

List tasksRunning = new ArrayList();
for (String s : project.gradle.startParameter.taskNames)
tasksRunning.add(s.toLowerCase())
if(tasksRunning.contains(“x86-shit”))
{
compile fileTree(dir: ‘lib’, include: [’/x86-*.jar’])
}
else if (tasksRunning.contains(“arm-shit”))
{
compile fileTree(dir: ‘lib’, include: [’
/ARM-*.jar’])
}

(Stefan Oehme) #5

That’s not the case, Gradle is absolutely ready for you :slight_smile: @Chris_Dore only mentioned that we put the new Java software model on hold. But building Java projects with the “java” plugin is completely unaffected by this.

To answer your question: Just create a specific configuration for each of your target platforms:

configurations {
  arm {
    extendsFrom(configurations.compile)
  }
}

dependencies {
  arm fileTree(dir: 'lib', include: ['*/ARM-.jar']) 
}

compileForArm.classpath = configurations.arm