Source code for build-scan plugin?

Hi. Today I’ve found build-scan service and its plugin. I wonder if there is its source code available (to take a look at it before using in my project - I wasn’t able to find it on GitHub)?

The build scan plugin is not open source unfortunately.

Hi Marcin,

As Mark mentioned it is not open source. We are very keen on understanding what kind of things you would use the source code for, so that we can hopefully provide alternative sources of the information. Also, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions about it.

I just wanted to take a look what information are sent to the server (especially those related to my local environment).

We are working on a page that details this information. In the meantime, here’s a list of the environment data:

• Operating System name/version (e.g. os.name sys prop)
  • JVM version/vendor
  • JVM launch arguments
  • JVM Locale
  • `user.name* system property
  • HOSTNAME environment variable
  • Local host address (i.e. InetAddress.getLocalHost())
  • Listening IP address of all non loopback network interfaces

Everything else is data that is part of Gradle’s model.

We explicitly do not capture all environment variables, JVM system properties or “gradle properties”.

As I mentioned, we’ll publish a formal description soon. We’ll post back here when that’s done.

Thanks for that information!

I’m glad that you do not capture all environment variables/system properties as for example in a case of Travis builds there could be api keys/passwords which could go wild after some security breach in Gradle, somewhere in the future ;).

Hey Marcin,

Please note that we now have a link that describes what is and is not recorded by the Build Scan plugin at https://scans.gradle.com/information-disclosure

Please have a look and tell us what you think !

Thanks for your feedback,
François

1 Like

Looks good to me, thanks!