Setting path to JDK

How do I set the path to a JDK ? I can’t want to use the envirometns JDK that JAVA_HOME points to. Is there a way to say in my gradle script where the JDK is found ?

If you just want to use a different javac, you can do so by setting 'compile.options.fork = true; compile.options.forkOptions.executable=‘path/to/javac’. If you want to run Gradle with a different JDK and you are using the Gradle daemon, you can set ‘org.gradle.java.home’ in ‘gradle.properties’. Soon, this setting will also be honored in non-daemon mode. Meanwhile you could tweak the ‘gradle(w)’ script to set JAVA_HOME according to your needs.

Hi Peter ,

thx for your anwser. What I don’t get so far is where this has to be put. I just started to investigate how to switch our project here from ant to gradle. And so far I want just one thnig to happen -> compile our java sources.

Therefore I need to do these things:

Set the compile classpath which in my project is under “project/lib/jar” Change from the default gradle src folde to my project src folder which is under “project/src”

I just started a build file from scratch :

apply plugin: ‘java’ apply plugin: ‘eclipse’

sourceCompatibility = ‘1.5’ targetCompatibility = ‘1.5’ version = ‘1.0’

sourceSets {

main {

java {

srcDir ‘src’

}

resources {

srcDir ‘web’

}

}

}

Can u help me with this ?

First you’d have to explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

What I want to do is the following: I want to compile the java classes of my project. My src folder is under “MyProject”/src. The jars that I need on the classpath are found under “MyProject”/lib/jar.

So I need to change the source folder from the gradle default (main/java/src) to only src plus set the classpath to “MyProject”/lib/jar.

Plus I need to set a path to my java compiler somehow because I can’t use the one references over JAVA_HOME. (compile.options.forkOptions.executable=‘path/to/javac’)

I recommend to take some time to study the Gradle user guide. You’ll want something like this:

apply plugin: "java"
  sourceSets.main.java.srcDirs = ["MyProject/src"]
dependencies {
  compile fileTree(dir: "MyProject/lib/jar")
}
  tasks.withType(JavaCompile) {
    options.fork = true
    options.forkOptions.executable = "path/to/javac"
}

How do you do this in version 1.9?

It’s the same, but my code snippet had some inaccuracies (fixed). Note that this will slow down the build, compared to running Gradle with the “right” JDK.