Resolving jar-less ojdbc14 POM always goes to jcenter

I have a transitive dependency to ojdbc14 which gradle wants to resolve using jcenter. This is from the debug log:

08:49:33.683 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.graph.DependencyGraphBuilder] 
Visiting dependency org.kp.build:jcommon:3.0.1(default) -> com.oracle:ojdbc14:10.2.0.4.0(dependency:
com.oracle#ojdbc14;10.2.0.4.0 {compile=[compile(*), master(*)], runtime=[runtime(*)]})
08:49:33.683 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.graph.DependencyGraphBuilder]
Selecting new module version com.oracle:ojdbc14:10.2.0.4.0
08:49:33.683 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ivyresolve.RepositoryChainDependencyResolver]
Attempting to resolve com.oracle:ojdbc14:10.2.0.4.0 using repositories [BintrayJCenter, maven]

Googling this suggests the problem here is that jcenter does not have the JAR file for ojdbc, only the POM. But I do have a local Nexus repository which has the jar file in it - but Gradle won’t search that repository, although I have this in the build file:

repositories {
  maven { url "http://mylocalrepo:8081/nexus/content/groups/public" }
}

I’ve also tried using specific Nexus proxy URLs but it doesn’t seem to search them at all. Always in the log it’s searching BinTray first, finds the POM then fails.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Andy