No able to run-app the grails application

I am trying to upgrade our application from 2.4.4 to 3.1.4 which is using mongo and postgres as database. I am able to build the code successfully after migration. But when I am trying to run-app the grails application, which is multi-project depending on other plugins developed in house it is failing with below error

Gradle Build Target: org.gradle.tooling.GradleConnectionException:
Could not execute build using Gradle distribution ‘https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.6.zip’.

Once I set the GRAILS_GRADLE_HOME to take the installed Gradle from local I am getting below error
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.gradle.tooling.BuildException: Could not execute build using Gradle installation ‘/home/abhishek/.sdkman/candidates/gradle/current’

I have installed the latest version on Gradle on my local 2.12, I have also updated the gradle.properties to take the 2.12

Please help.

Try to remove .gradle directory from app and then do grails clean && grails compile && grails run-app and if it doesn’t work then append this
-XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Xverify:none
to GRAILS_OPTS environment variable. So your GRAILS_OPTS should look something like this
GRAILS_OPTS="-server -Xmx1024M -Xms64M -XX:PermSize=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -Xverify:none".