Multi-project builds with custom subproject build order?

I am a noobie to gradle/groovy so this may be an easy question.

I am porting an existing build system.

I need to create a multi-project gradle build for components consisting of a mixture of technologies and builds (Java, C++ and C#). For example, a component may need to compile a java project before building a C++ JNI component that requires header files produced by the java compiler, or it may consist of a common API/service compiled for each technology.
There are hundreds of components and each is built independently.

I need to create a generic top-level gradle script that drives the build for each component. It will call into existing ant scripts, make and cmake files, or msbuild solutions.

This should be entirely data driven - ideally a configuration file at the root of each component’s repo specifies the subprojects and the dependencies between them. The common gradle script would drive all the subproject builds

A problem I ran into is that by default subprojects are built in alphabetical order - I need to be able to specify the build order.

I prefer to not specify dependencies in each project’s gradle script - this is difficult to manage and maintain across all the components.

What is the best way to do this? Is there any sample code out there that does this?

Thanks

Moved to the Gradle Core forum.

Hello,

Have you find a way to do custom subproject build with specific order ?

Thanks