Multi folder up/down dependency question?

We have a huge legacy codebase with deep directory structure and different teams owning different submodules. For example lets say the deep directory structures are X/Y/Z and P/Q/R but these folders are not owned by me, only project A and B are owned by me. I do not have permission to put settings.gradle file in folders/modules that is not owned by me also refactoring the folder structure is a non starter. Now using gradle how to I state the dependency that project B depends on project A?

E.g. folder structure:

X/Y/Z/A

P/Q/R/B

Thanks, PB

What’s the goal here? To have a build (just) for A and B, with everything else being binary dependencies? Will other teams use Gradle as well, e.g. for building R and Z? Does your team even check out folders other than A and B from source control?

Yes only project A and B to be build by gradle. Other folder may have c/c++ code and will not be build by gradle. Full directory structure is checked out but each team builds only their own folders.

-Prantor

You can put ‘settings.gradle’ into A, have it include B, and reconfigure the project directory for B. See ‘Settings’ in the Gradle DSL reference.

How do I reconfigure B? Changing directory structure is not an option.

See ‘Settings’ in the Gradle DSL reference.