Maven error when doing cordova android build

I am trying to set up a Hudson CI job with the Angular/Ionic application with android as the platform. When I do a build, I ran into the following error during the build time (I did create a gradle.properties file under $HOME):

unning command: /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/cordova/build --release
ANDROID_HOME=/Users/hudson/CI/sdk/android-sdk-macosx
JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home
Running: /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/gradlew cdvBuildRelease -b /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/build.gradle -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true
e[1me[31m
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

e[39me[22me[1me[31m* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project ‘android’.
e[39me[22me[1me[31m> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘:classpath’.
e[39me[22me[1me[31m > Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.0.0+.
Required by:
e[39me[22me[1me[31m :android:unspecified
> Failed to list versions for com.android.tools.build:gradle.
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET ‘https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml’.
> peer not authenticated

e[39me[22me[1me[31m* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
e[39me[22m
BUILD FAILED

Total time: 3.952 secs
e[1me[31m
/Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/q/q.js:126
throw e;
^
Error code 1 for command: /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/gradlew with args: cdvBuildRelease,-b,/Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/build.gradle,-Dorg.gradle.daemon=true
e[39me[22mERROR building one of the platforms: Error: /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 1
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
e[1me[31mError: /Users/hudson/.hudson/jobs/Mobile-Dashboard-Agile/workspace/mobiledashboard/platforms/android/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:139:23)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:817:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)